Wellington, New Zealand - Solesignal today released an update to SmartBackup 4, the SSD optimised backup and cloning utility for macOS. The software features a custom SSD optimised multi-thread capable sync engine which can take advantage of the full speed of modern SSD/Flash based storage. When copying between SSD/Flash Volumes, version 4.1.3 is up to twice as fast creating a new bootable clone of macOS compared to other utilities.
* Very easy to set up and configure
* Creates bootable clones of macOS
* Performs folder syncs or backups
* Optionally creates searchable archives of all changed or deleted files
* Built-in scheduling
* Multithread capable 64-bit sync engine, fully leveraging the performance of SSD/Flash
* Supports pre-allocation on Xsan/StorNext volumes
* Commandline mode to be called from your python or shell scripts
Copying only one file at a time is only optimal for spinning harddisks. To achive the best possibe performance on now common Flash or SSD disks, or RAID storage, file copies need to be parallelised. SmartBackup 4's custom sync engine is multi-thread capable for those disks and will run modern storage at full speed.
* macOS 10.10 or later
Pricing and Availability:
SmartBackup 4 is now available for free from Solesignal online. For more information, please contact Thomas Bauer.
Solesignal Ltd is an independent developer creating artisan Apps for macOS and iOS in Wellington, New Zealand. Solesignal is a registered trade mark of Solesignal Ltd. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2017 Solesignal Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, OS X and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.