London, United Kingdom - Digital Heaven today announced the launch of SpeedScriber 2.0, a major update to the automated transcription app specifically designed for professional content creators(*).
Version 2.0 introduces a wide range of enhancements, most notably the ability to transcribe media files in Dutch, French, German, Italian and Spanish languages as well as English. As the demand to provide captions becomes ever more widespread, SpeedScriber 2.0 adds two new export options - Avid DS caption format and iTunes Timed Text for use with the closed captioning features in the latest 10.4.1 release of Final Cut Pro X.
Many documentary filmmakers, journalists, audio and video producers depend on reliable transcripts of their files, whether it be an interview for editing purposes, a text version of the finished project or for the ever-increasing requirement for delivery of captions. While there are several web-based transcription services on the market, they typically offer delivery times of 24 hours or longer and faster turnaround adds costly surcharges. SpeedScriber delivers affordable and amazingly accurate automated transcripts in minutes.
SpeedScriber includes professional features that are only possible with a native macOS app. MXF files can be imported** and timecode is supported for QuickTime Movie and Broadcast Wave files. Since only the audio from the file is required for the transcription process, media files are converted to a mono audio-only file for upload. Once uploaded, files are processed in parallel on our cloud-based servers and the transcript data is downloaded to the Mac app. A 60 minute file is typically transcribed in less than 10 minutes.
While the accuracy of automated transcription has improved dramatically in recent years, a key innovation of SpeedScriber is its comprehensive editing interface that was designed for making corrections quickly and efficiently. Transcripts can be reviewed with the current word highlighted in real-time as the media file is played. Speaker names can be assigned to sections of the transcript with a choice of nine colours for easy identification. Punctuation changes can be made on the selected words with a single keystroke and every editing command has a keyboard shortcut. Transcripts can be printed and exported to a wide range of file formats.
Digital Heaven has been developing plug-ins and apps for Apple video apps since 2003 so not surprisingly SpeedScriber features deep round-tripping integration with Final Cut Pro X (10.3 or later). Using the power of keyword ranges, audio, video, synchronised, multicam and (new in 2.0) compound clips can be tagged and automatically identified by SpeedScriber for import without any conversion of media. When transcription and editing is complete, the transcript can be attached to clips as searchable keyword ranges, again via a simple drag-and-drop operation. Favourite ranges created in SpeedScriber are transferred seamlessly to Final Cut Pro X. New in SpeedScriber 2.0 is support for export to iTunes Timed Text (.itt) format which can be used to create closed captions in the latest 10.4.1 release of Final Cut Pro X.
The SpeedScriber panel for Adobe Premiere Pro CC (2017.1 or later for macOS or Windows) gives real-time access to the transcripts on the user's account and allows import of transcripts as speech metadata or markers within seconds. Captions can be created in Premiere Pro by exporting to SubRip (.srt) format from SpeedScriber.
Avid has been a pioneer of script-based editing and with the reintroduction of ScriptSync, SpeedScriber is the perfect partner for creating searchable scripts right inside Media Composer. Transcripts can be exported to Avid Script format without the need to do additional reformatting or conversion. For captioning, SpeedScriber 2.0 now supports export to Avid DS Caption format.
* SpeedScriber combines the speed and scalability of a cloud-based transcription service with the flexibility of a native macOS app to create a solution that cannot be matched by traditional transcription providers.
* Get amazingly accurate timestamped transcripts in minutes rather than hours or days.
* Import audio and video files with support for timecode in QuickTime Movie and Broadcast Wave formats.
* Innovative editing tools enable fast and efficient transcript corrections at the speaker, punctuation and character-level.
* Print or export transcripts to a wide range of file formats.
* Deep integration with Apple Final Cut Pro X (10.3 or later) with drag-and-drop round-tripping of clips via XML.
* SpeedScriber panel for Adobe Premiere Pro CC gives real-time access to transcripts on the user's account and import to clips within seconds.
* Direct export of transcripts to Avid Script format makes SpeedScriber the perfect partner for ScriptSync.
New In Version 2.0
* Transcribe media files in Dutch, French, German, Italian and Spanish in addition to English.
* Custom Words panel allows users to save specialised terms and names and recall them with a single click to significantly speed up transcript editing.
* New captioning export options for Avid DS captions (for use with Avid Media Composer) and iTunes Timed Text (for use with Final Cut Pro X 10.4.1).
* Export to Word file (.docx).
* Support for round-tripping of compound clips with Final Cut Pro X.
* Rewritten word editing engine provides much improved estimated timings on new and corrected words.
* User interface enhancements including resizable panels and font size options.
Pricing and Availability:
SpeedScriber is available now as a free download from the Mac App Store (macOS 10.11.5 or later). A SpeedScriber account is required which can be created in the app and 15 minutes of FREE transcribing time will be added to new accounts. Additional minutes can be purchased and the duration of each imported file is rounded up to the next whole minute then deducted from the account balance when submitted for transcription.
* US$0.50/min for 30 mins/60 mins/120 mins
* US$0.47/min for 300 mins (5 hours with 5% discount on standard rate)
* US$0.45/min for 600 mins (10 hours with 10% discount on standard rate)
* US$0.42/min for 1500 mins (25 hours with 15% discount on standard rate)
* US$0.37/min for 6000 mins (100 hours with 25% discount on standard rate)
* SpeedScriber has been specifically designed for professional content creators who are using it to transcribe clear and well-recorded audio files that would be considered good enough quality for broadcast. It is not a suitable solution for transcribing business meetings or conference calls.
** MXF media files are supported if the Apple Pro Format codecs are installed, which require Compressor, Final Cut Pro or Motion.
Download from the Mac App Store
Vimeo Video (Promo)
Screenshot (Export Menu)
Digital Heaven was founded in 2000, initially as a post production facility by former BBC video editor Martin Baker. For six years the company provided broadcast post production facilities for clients such as the BBC, Channel Four and many independent production companies. After the success of their first software products, the company changed its focus to exclusively concentrate on software development. A total of 22 Final Cut Plug-ins, 6 Final Cut Effects, 7 applications and 2 eBooks have been added to the product range. Copyright (C) 2018 Digital Heaven. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.