Mons, Belgium - Creaceed releases Prizmo version 5.0, a major reboot of their photo-based scanning app for iPhone and iPad. Ten years after its initial release on the Mac, Prizmo is back on iPhone and iPad. Prizmo 5.0 redefines mobile document scanning with a new, streamlined capture workflow, alongside powerful editing capabilities and new OCRs that will improve daily document processing tasks. This release also features new image enhancements, rich export options, pro automation capabilities, and improved accessibility options.
Prizmo lets users take a picture of a document, clean it up, recognize its text using OCR, and export it as a searchable PDF directly to cloud storage. Unlike most scanning apps, Prizmo, when needed, provides full control over the whole process thanks to its non-destructive editing tools, fine-grained OCR options, and automation capabilities. This makes it a trusted mobile scanner for all types of users from casual to advanced, and including blind & low-vision users as well as those with dyslexia who can use it as a reading aid.
Prizmo 5.0 brings literally dozens of new features, among which a new capture workflow specifically tailored for speed, autoshoot and auto upload of PDF, new image editing tools like page curvature flattening and edge repair, two new machine learning OCRs, and improved export options like PDF with JBIG2 for extremely small files and DOCX to output both text and layout in editable form to other apps like Apple Pages or Microsoft Word. Pro tools like batch processing and automation are also proposed in this release.
New features in 5.0 include:
* A new scanning workflow focused on speed
* State-of-the-art page detection and autoshoot feature
* A choice of two best-in-class OCR options: a reliable & accurate on-device OCR powered by machine learning in 28 languages and a high-performance cloud-based OCR in 26 languages with handwriting recognition (English only for now)
* A new, modern user interface
* Improved image enhancements: perspective crop, cleanup, brightness & contrast,, edge repair, document flattening
* Structural analysis with CoreML
* Background OCR processing
* Advanced PDF options: password protected PDF, efficient compression formats
(customizable JPEG quality, CCITT G4, JBIG2) to generate small files
* Auto upload of PDFs directly to the cloud (iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, WebDAV)
* Smart actions: interaction with detected data (phone numbers, dates, locations, email addresses, URLs)
* Text reader with a voice for a comfortable multi-page reading experience with background audio player. Margins, line spacing, text size and fonts are customizable. OpenDyslexic font is provided
* Accessibility capabilities: full VoiceOver support, spoken guidance, and spoken description before shooting
* Batch editor to replicate settings across pages
* Use of Shortcuts app to automate document processing
* Siri Shortcuts: quickly recognize a text document using Siri
* Message extension: a mini-Prizmo can be used to shoot a document and send it to the recipient without leaving the conversation
Other features include:
* Powerful non-destructive editing
* Innovative stabilization, sharper than most OIS
* Processing of business cards and export to Contacts or as vCard
* Open In & Photos extensions (process & cleanup)
* iPad multitasking and drag & drop
Pricing and Availability:
Prizmo 5.0 requires an iPhone or iPad running iOS 12.2 or later. It can be freely downloaded on the App Store, and is localized in 11 languages. All the core features can be tried out.
Premium Pack is a one-time in-app purchase to unlock all limitations: unlimited on-device OCR, full access to text & text-to-speech, smart actions, watermark removal. It can be purchased within the app for $8.99 / Euro9.99 during the launch week. Regular price will then move back to the regular price of $13.99 / Euro14.99.
Special, time-limited upgrade pricing of $4.99 / Euro5.49 is available for existing owners of Prizmo 4 during the launch week. Upgrade pricing will then return to the regular upgrade price of $8.99 / Euro9.99. Upgrade pricing requires that users of the previous version first install the latest update of Prizmo 4 from the App Store and start it once on their device, after which upgrade pricing will appear in Prizmo 5.
Optional Cloud Plan subscription provides the Cloud OCR feature in addition to all Premium Pack features. Plans are detailed within the app and start at $0.99 / Euro0.99 per month.
'Prizmo - Volume Edition' is specifically targeted towards enterprises and educational institutions that use Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP). It is functionally equivalent to Prizmo with Premium Pack, and is available directly on the VPP store.
Download from the App Store
Vimeo Video (Intro)
Creaceed is a Belgian company that has been making apps since 2008, focusing on image processing technologies in the fields of document scanning, note taking, photo and video enhancement. Other apps like Hydra, Carbo, and Prizmo have been awarded by the press and featured by Apple on multiple occasions. Copyright 2008-2019 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, iOS, macOS, iPhone, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.