Bonn, Germany - Norbert M. Doerner today announced NeoFinder 7.5, to be released in December 2019. The new version has ability to import the custom annotations from iView, Microsoft Expression Media, and PhaseOne MediaPro into NeoFinder.
In the past two years, we have received so many emails from frustrated MediaPro customers. First, this product was suddenly discontinued with no warning by PhaseOne, and then there was no real way to bring the important custom annotations to other DAM tools.
Many of these customers use the extra annotation fields for essential business data, such as order numbers and prices for handcrafted jewellery, or important information about scanned medieval artwork by a world-renowned museum.
We have now added this ability to our NeoFinder DAM tool to the upcoming NeoFinder 7.5 release, currently scheduled for December 2019.
NeoFinder 7.5 will be able to:
* Import custom field data from MediaPro XML Export files
* Catalog custom fields stored in regular Adobe XMP data, for example written by Media Pro in the "Write Annotations" command
* Display all that in the NeoFinder Inspector
* Edit these additional fields, if the original file is currently online (just like the regular XMP editor of NeoFinder)
* Create NEW custom fields
* Find the contents of custom fields in the "Any text contains" Find Parameter or QuickFind
If you are interested in this amazing new technology, we can provide you a review license for NeoFinder Mac, and even a license code for NeoFinder iOS. And we are of course here for any questions you may have.
* New licenses start at 29 Euros for a NeoFinder Private License
* Cataloging - NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos. NeoFinder also edits Adobe XMP data, including keywords, persons, and ratings. All these are arranged clearly in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, text files, and even audio files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
* Managing Metadata - The built-in XMP metadata editor with presets can edit and add keywords, ratings, persons, descriptions, copyright information, and more to photos and videos.
* Networking - Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
* Mobile - Keep your NeoFinder database with you on your iPhone or iPad with the separate NeoFinder for iOS app.
* Integration - Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios. The AppleScript support in NeoFinder allows custom integrations of all kinds.
* Geotagging - Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays important facts about any geolocation in the truly unique Wikipedia Inspector.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1996, more than 88,000 customers in 102 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organize their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
Language Support: German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Mac OS X v10.8 - macOS 10.14
* Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions are still available
* Separate app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is available
Pricing and Availability:
The price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. Cross-grades for users of similar applications (Cinematica, DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, Extensis Portfolio, and others) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website.
Download NeoFinder for macOS
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the audio transcription software F5.app. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 1991-2019 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.