Schaumburg, Illinois - Meadows Publishing Solutions announced the release of their DesignMerge Pro variable data publishing and personalized printing software for Adobe InDesign 2020, supporting both Macintosh and Windows platforms. The software is also now compatible with macOS Catalina, and includes several new and powerful features.
DesignMerge Pro is the market-leading, professional variable data publishing and personalized printing software solution for Adobe InDesign users. In addition to standard VDP capability, such as the ability to personalize text and images, DesignMerge Pro software also includes many other sophisticated VDP features, such as conditional logic for if/then/else rules processing, automatic copy-fitting to remedy overset variable text, linear and 2D bar coding, multi-up imposition, and embedded style tags. The software is completely menu-driven, works directly inside of the Adobe InDesign page layout application, and does not require any manual programming.
New features in the 2020 release of DesignMerge Pro include the following:
* Improved Performance for PDF/VT and PPML Output - Several new optimizations have resulted in speed improvements of up to 15% for PDF/VT, and up to 30% for PPML output.
* New PDF Page Picking Feature - DesignMerge users can now conditionally control which page of a PDF file to import based on a set of user-defined rules. This feature allows the user to specify a single PDF as a variable element, and then control which pages of the PDF are imported using the DesignMerge rules feature.
* New Variable Layer Support - In additional to variable master pages, DesignMerge software now also supports variable Adobe InDesign layers. Layers can be shown or hidden based on criteria established by the user using the built-in DesignMerge rules module.
* Super Fast Preflight Reports - The DesignMerge preflight report feature, which checks all records of a variable data job for external assets such as pictures and articles, has been updated to provide incredible performance, even for very large VDP jobs.
* Updated Integration with Enfocus Switch - The new DesignMerge Pro Configurator module for Enfocus Switch has been updated to support the latest release of Adobe InDesign. A brand new set of sample flows is also provided, which demonstrate fully automated VDP workflows using several different inputs formats, including job folder, CSV, job tickets, and XML.
"This new release has been under development for more than a year, and includes many of the features that have been requested by our growing DesignMerge user base," said John Kriho, President of Meadows. "DesignMerge software is faster than ever, and is capable of handling practically any VDP challenge. The array of VDP jobs produced by our customers cover everything from simple direct mail addressing, bar coding and numbering to fully variable custom brochures, and everything in between."
DesignMerge Pro software is available for immediate download at the Meadows web site. Please visit Meadows Publishing Solutions for more information, or email support for pricing or upgrade details.
Meadows Publishing Solutions
Press Kit (zip)
Founded in 1991, Meadows Publishing Solutions provides commercial and custom software development, integration, and consulting services for the print and electronic publishing markets. Our current areas of focus include Variable Data Printing, Database Publishing Automation, and Digital Catalog Production. Anything that connects databases to documents is our specialty. Meadows offers software to support a full range of solutions, from desktop VDP applications, to complete web-based variable composition systems, with the integration and industry knowledge that will allow us to craft a reliable solution for any publishing challenge. The Meadows team has developed a number of commercial software products for Adobe InDesign that are offered under our own DesignMerge brand, including DesignMerge Pro, and DesignMerge Catalog. All Meadows software is developed in the U.S.A., with sales and support provided from our home office just outside of Chicago in Schaumburg, Illinois. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2019 Meadows Publishing Solutions. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.