Atlantic Beach, Florida - Tropical Software today is pleased to announce that iAddressX 4 is available for macOS. Use iAddressX to navigate contacts from a small icon in the system menu, and to initiate various tasks including printing of Dymo labels, dialing iPhone and/or Skype calls, sending SMS messages to Skype pals or friend's cell phone, and more. Interested users can visit the Tropical Software website to try reliable iAddressX 4 for free today. â¨â¨
System Menu Convenience and iAddressX:â¨
From the first release of Macintosh computers, the main menu bar, also called the system menu, has been a central Mac navigational feature. iAddressX has now returned to the Mac system menu as a status item, allowing easy access to almost everything related to contacts from hierarchical menus.â¨â¨
* Navigate contacts from a small icon in the system menu and access many contact optionsâ¨â¨
* Print to your Dymo Label printer right from iAddressX.â¨â¨
* Dial using Facetime, iPhone, Skype or an old-fashioned landlineâ¨â¨
* Search your contacts directly from the menu barâ¨â¨
* Initiate a call or chat using Skype
* Send SMS messages to Skype pals
* View any contact's location on Apple or Google Mapsâ¨â¨
A Brief History of iAddressX:â¨
Tropical Software President James Lee explains the return of iAddressX: "iAddressX was developed by Michael Balle-Pedersen, a Software Engineer at Apple Inc. Before he worked at Apple, Michael released versions running in macOS 10.3 and 10.4. I discovered iAddressX languishing after Michael went to work for Apple and we were able to acquire iAddressX. We immediately developed a version that ran under macOS 10.5 (Leopard) that is still available. Thanks to help from many friends, we were able to get iAddressX working in macOS 10.7 through 10.15. In-house expert Lewis Garrett inserted the "Check for Update" and registration code, and put the final touches on this release."â¨â¨
iAddressX 4 has the following changes:â¨â¨
* iAddressX is now a 64-bit App only. Do not install this update if your system is 32-bit only.
* Added Preferences option to Dial iPhone using Apple's "FaceTime" dialing options
* Maps feature that allows selecting Apple or Google Maps of a contact address.
* Changes required by macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
* Enabled "Hardened Runtime" to protect the runtime integrity by preventing certain classes of exploits, like code injection, dynamically linked library (DLL) hijacking, and process memory space tampering.
* Granted a trial period to try out iAddressX 4.0 prior to purchase.
* Updated "Check for Update" to address latest security vulnerabilities.
* Include build number in version string displayed in About.
* Modify Dial menu command to include the Dialing method.
* Change "Map Of using:" Menu command default selection to "Apple Maps".
* Change Dialing default from "Speaker" to "FaceTime via iPhone".
* Moved Preferences "About" tab to be first tab.
* Problem that caused registration to become lost.
* "View Read Me" menu command appeared not to be working because its window was obscured by other windows. The ReadMe.rtf window will now be forced to the front.
* Corrected misspelling in "Display Order:" menu item.
* Improved display of menu bar iAddressX @ icon when Appearance is Dark Mode.
* "View Read Me" menu command when Appearance is Dark Mode displayed Read Me was too dark to read.
â¨iAddressX was reviewed a few times many years ago and we hope it will once again get good reviews for its design and convenience. We are looking for feedback from prior iAddressX customers and new users for what they would like to see us develop in the future.â¨â¨
Pricing and Availability:â¨
Try Tropical Software's reliable iAddressX 4 for free today! iAddressX 4 is only $19.95 (USD) from our web site.
Download Free Trial (Zip)
Tropical Software makes the award-winning TopXNotes, a modern personal Mac note manager with state of the art proprietary encryption technology for the ultimate in securing personal information. We also offer KitchenTimer, a general-purpose timer, 2Remember, a lightweight easy to use reminder app with a minimal screen footprint, and iAddressX for navigating and accessing your contacts. Located in Atlantic Beach, Florida, Tropical Software is owned and operated by former Apple employee James Lee, and is dedicated to improving the lives of its customers by offering easy to use productivity software for Macs and Apple touch devices including iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Copyright (C) 2020 Tropical Software-All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, macOS, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.