Millstatt, Austria - After recently acquiring the long time Mac app Kaleidoscope, we released a few updates focused on performance improvements and memory usage. Today we are pleased to release our first new feature: The Xcode Debugger Integration, which allows developers to compare debug text and image output, enabling them to iterate over common development tasks quickly.
Version 2.4 is a free update for all existing version 2 customers. The 14-day free trial period has been reset for version 2.4. Users who tested Kaleidoscope in the past can give the new version a try.
"While developing our RTF parser, the need arrived to quickly compare the output of our implementation with the reference output. This became so essential to our Xcode workflow that we had to add it as the first new feature after taking over the development of Kaleidoscope in late 2020", says Christopher Atlan of Letter Opener GmbH.
"We are proud of how the feature turned out. It allows sending any debugger output from Xcode, text or graphics, to Kaleidoscope for visual comparison. The driving force behind this is the ksdiff command-line tool, which gained two great new features as part of the process: one is the ability to send content to a specific Kaleidoscope window. The second one is the ability to pipe content into it. This enables unlimited new use cases for Unix aficionados." says Florian Albrecht of Letter Opener GmbH.
"Now with performance and memory issues fixed, we are looking forward to taking on the challenge of adopting Dark Mode and Apple silicon for this once great app." adds Christopher Atlan of Letter Opener GmbH.
No matter if you need to review edits made to an important business contract or changes to your apps source code, Kaleidoscope got you covered. First launched in 2010, Kaleidoscope is the premier Mac app to spot differences in text or graphics files or folder hierarchies.
Two-Way Text Comparison & Merging
* Three powerful display modes
* Super-fast diffing of lines and character-level changes
* Color coding to spot added, deleted, and changed text
* Supported File Types: DOC, PDF, RTF, TXT
* Review code changes and resolve conflicts
* Intelligently auto-merge the right content
File & Folder Comparison
* Ultra-fast algorithm for finding differences in large folders
* Sort and filter down to what matters most
* Drill deeper into folders for more detailed comparisons
* Copy your preferred files across sources
Powerful Image Comparison
* Compare images side by side, stacked, or split
* Spot subtle pixel differences with a high contrast "difference mask"
Optimized for macOS
* Beautiful, modern UI made to feel at home on your Mac
* Full-screen mode for focusing on your content
* Looks gorgeous on retina displays and works wonderfully with high-resolution graphics
Easy Workflow Integration
* Git, Mercurial, Subversion, Bazaar, and Perforce support
* Works as a fully functional diff or merge tool
* Supported by a growing list of GUI source control management apps
* Integrate with the Xcode debugger (lldb) for text and graphics
Pricing and Availability:
You can try Kaleidoscope for free for 14 days. Kaleidoscope costs $69.99 (USD) and is available from our web store and the Mac App Store. Kaleidoscope requires macOS 10.12 or later, with macOS 11 Big Sur being recommended.
Purchase and Download from the Mac App Store
Direct Download Link
Based in Millstatt, Austria, Letter Opener GmbH has 14 years of history of actively developing and maintaining its email files converter Letter Opener for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, and Chrome. In late 2020 Letter Opener GmbH acquired Kaleidoscope, the most powerful file comparison app for macOS. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2021 Letter Opener GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh Mac OS X and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.