Bonn, Germany - Norbert M. Doerner today released NeoFinder 7.8, an important update to the Digital Asset Manager and Disk Cataloger for macOS. NeoFinder 7.8 contains a large number of improvements in different areas. MP3-Info related file renaming features have been added, connections to Bandcamp.com for song files, GPS GeoTags can be added to MP4 video files, cataloging of Corel Painter RIF, .webp image files, and Nikon Z7 II NEF RAW photos.
* MP3-Info is back; MP3-Info was a very popular small application that displayed ID3 tags of audio files, and offered renaming options based on these tags. NeoFinder has always cataloged, displayed, and search the ID3 tags, and now NeoFinder 7.8 offers the last missing feature: Renaming song files based on the ID3 tags embedded in them. That works for single files, by using the Inspector menu of the file name. Multiple files can be renamed at once, using new variables in the Multi Renamer.
* AutoTags Inspector; AutoTags are keywords that AI engines have discovered in an image analysis process. NeoFinder supports multiple different such engines. The new interface of the AI AutoTags Inspector allows to add these tags to photos or videos with a single click.
Entire list of all new features:
* MP3-Info is back! You can rename audio files based on their ID3 tags. Also the Multi Renamer can use the ID3 tags in any way you may need!
* AutoTags Inspector has an improved user interface that allows you to assign keywords with a single click
* Support for Nikon Z7 II NEF RAW photos
* Catalog thumbnails of Painter .RIF and .RIFF files, if the Painter software is installed
* Add GPS GeoTags to MP4 video files
* Inspector Label Menu command to set the file creation date from the EXIF capture date, or XMP date
* Contextual menu to set the file creation date of multiple selected files from the EXIF capture date, or XMP date
* Inspector Label Menu command to search for ID3 Artist, Album, Song title, or Genre on Bandcamp.com
* Inspector Label Menu command to search for a video file name on IMDb, Wikipedia.org, or TheMovieDB
* Inspector shows the Aspect Ratio for video files
* Sort Menu can sort by XMP date, ID3 Title, Album, Artist, and Genre
* Catalog thumbnails of WEBP files
* Massively improved Album code helps with files stored on certain file servers that keep no file creation date
* Editing XMP metadata will preserve the file creation date and Finder Tags for the file
* Catalogs the paths of placed images and fonts (resources) in Adobe InDesign documents
* Extensis Portfolio Importer improves imports of older versions, utf8 export formats, multiple keywords, and more languages
* Albums update their display count when catalogs are deleted, and thus items removed from Albums
* Cataloging of Backblaze B2 buckets works with "secondary" API keys
* Improves cataloging of Canon CR3 files in certain older macOS versions
* Catalogs the text content of .applescript text files
* Broken Cross Windows XML Importer reads more catalog metadata fields and volume kinds
* XMP code in NeoFinder supports non-standard ".XMP" uppercase name suffix files which are created by Apple Photos.app
* Exporting many files first sorts the item list by catalog, to reduce the need for disk swaps
* Inspector shows the saved DPI value for JPG and some other image types
* ePub cataloging is more robust and supports files generated by Adobe InDesign
* Hidden preference to omit copying sidecar XMP files into the Finder
* Speed improvements when building the context menu for a large number of selected items
* Speed improvements browsing through items stored on remote volumes
* Improves handling of very large Adobe Photoshop PSB files
* Improves handling of cataloging XMP color labels from sidecar XMP files of certain RAW file formats
* Improves handling of special custom annotations field names
* Changing the Rating for more than 50 items shows a progress window
* Improves Gallery View when using the Go To Next or Previous item
* Find Editor shows the little extra menu for XMP keywords and persons, so you can search for empty or not-empty fields easier
* Works around a bug of macOS 11, where very dark or very light color labels didn't properly select the proper text color for better readability
* Improves handling of certain malformed ADC and Broken Cross Windows XML import files and shows error messages in these cases
* Renaming items in Albums works better
* Improved cataloging of certain ID3v2.4 tags in MP3 files
* Improved drawing of color labels for selected Albums in macOS 11
* Sorting List View by Duration sorts by numerical value, not the display string
* Fixes a problem copying and pasting certain XMP keywords and person lists
* Improves QuickUpdate for volumes that don't store file creation dates, such as some SMB servers
* Fixes a problem in the XML export for video channel infos and video subtitle information fields
* Fixes many minor issues
If you are interested in this amazing new technology, we can provide you a review license for NeoFinder Mac, and even a license code for NeoFinder iOS. And we are of course here for any questions you may have. New licenses start at 29 Euros for a NeoFinder Private License
* Cataloging - NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos. NeoFinder also edits Adobe XMP data, including keywords, persons, and ratings. All these are arranged clearly in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, text files, and even audio files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
* Managing Metadata - The built-in XMP metadata editor with presets can edit and add keywords, ratings, persons, descriptions, copyright information, custom fields, and more to photos and videos.
* Networking - Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
* Mobile - Keep your NeoFinder database with you on your iPhone or iPad with the separate NeoFinder for iOS app.
* Integration - Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios. The AppleScript support in NeoFinder allows custom integrations of all kinds.
* Geotagging - Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays important facts about any geolocation in the truly unique Wikipedia Inspector.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1996, more than 97,000 customers in 102 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organize their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Mac OS X v10.10 - macOS 11
* Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions are still available
* Separate app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is available
Pricing and Availability:
The price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). The new version is free for NeoFinder 7.x customers. Multiple user packs are available for network users. Cross-grades for users of similar applications (Cinematica, DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, Extensis Portfolio, and others) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website.
Download NeoFinder for macOS
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the audio transcription software F5.app. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 1991-2021 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.