Luxembourg - Houdah Software is pleased to announce the immediate availability of HoudahSpot 6.1 for macOS. HoudahSpot is a file search tool that helps Mac users organize files and finds these if they did not. HoudahSpot combines fast and precise file search with a customizable results display and previews. It makes it easy to find the document, email message, photo, or video file you need.
HoudahSpot is a productivity tool that serves as the hub of many workflows: in HoudahSpot, all the files related to the task at hand come together. It is also the starting point for deep dive searches to fetch further information from archives. A customizable interface makes HoudahSpot equally adept at presenting mail messages, documents, or media files. Search templates provide starting points for specialized searches. E.g., a search for video files.
HoudahSpot is a powerful, versatile, and highly customizable file search tool for Mac. It uses the existing Spotlight index for ultra-fast file searches. The purpose of HoudahSpot is to provide quick access to all kinds of files. HoudahSpot supports full-text search, a multitude of precise search criteria, as well as regular expression filters. With these tools, it is a breeze to refine searches and hunt down an elusive document iteratively.
HoudahSpot is the go-to tool for Mac users who need to find a precise document, mail message, photo, video, artwork, etc., in a "haystack" of files. HoudahSpot makes it easy to combine multiple criteria (such as name, text content, kind, and a wide assortment of other metadata) and thus helps users find the files they need:
* Mails messages with attachments received this year
* Word processing files containing the word "invoice" or "estimate"
* Image files named "logo" or "icon" that are more than 512 pixels wide
* Files created, modified, or opened within the last 7 days
What's New in HoudahSpot 6.1:
HoudahSpot 6.1 can draw from 15 years of customer feedback. "The recent HoudahSpot 6.0 release has been extremely popular. As such, it has also generated much feedback from customers: praise and feature requests," says Pierre Bernard of Houdah Software. "Version 6.1 distills much of this feedback into a series of refinements both small and large."
* HoudahSpot can now find Apple Mail messages tagged by SmallCubed's MailTags plug-in; HoudahSpot searches message keywords and project names
* HoudahSpot 6.1 brings enhanced Quick Look previews for files hosted by the document and information management solution DEVONthink.
* The Quick Look preview pane in HoudahSpot now lets users select text; It is thus possible to copy-paste from search results without the need to open the found files
*HoudahSpot 6.1 dramatically improves the performance of Apple Mail message searches
* The Tag cloud introduced in HoudahSpot 6.0 can now be hidden when not in use
* "Text Preview" can now be set to use a fixed-width font. This configuration improves the legibility of texts like source code and tabulated data
* The window toolbar offers more space where to grab and move the HoudahSpot search window
* Fixes a bug where "Find by Example" failed to pick up file properties
* Works around a macOS Catalina bug where toolbar items may disappear when working with tabs
* Quick search field: start a search by typing just a few words
* Multi-criteria file search: Find files by name, text, content kind, author, recipient, image dimensions, and more
* Easy-to-use criteria editor: Combine search criteria to narrow down search results to the exact files you need
* Smart location selection: Search multiple folders at once, and exclude others
* Tag cloud: Lists file tags found in current search results. Provides a quick way to narrow down results (new)
* Customizable results display: View search results as a list or grid. Add columns. Sort. Arrange in groups
* Concise file info: See properties relevant to the selected file type
* Preview of file content: Peek inside files. See text matches in context
* Saved searches and templates: Use as starting points for recurring searches
* Snippets: Save sets of frequently used search criteria
* Filter by folder. See top-level files only. Combine multiple filters (new)
* Fully customizable. Set the default search window to match your preferences and workflow
* Continued search: Open files and, where the application supports it, continue searching for text matches by pressing command-G (Find Next)
* Integrates with Finder and third-party tools like Default Folder X, PopClip, ForkLift, Path Finder, Alfred, LaunchBar, and Butler
"If there is one utility that is indispensable for me on the Mac, HoudahSpot is it (locates files on disk)." - @helgeg via Twitter
"I love HoudahSpot - way, way better than Spotlight as a search app for @Apple Mac computer." - @sinabhfuil via Twitter
"HoudahSpot may be the most helpful application I own." - H. E. Jr., Edmond, OK
"There's nothing else like it [HoudahSpot] for Mac users by a long margin." - Adrain Stevenson
* HoudahSpot is offered in English, German, and French language versions
Minimum System Requirements:
* macOS 10.14 Mojave or newer
* Optimized for macOS 11 Big Sur on both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs
* Spotlight enabled
* 35 MB of disk space
Pricing and Availability:
HoudahSpot 6.1 is priced at $34 (USD) for a single-user license. A family license is available for $42. Upgrades are priced at $19 and $29, respectively. HoudahSpot licenses purchased on or after June 1, 2020, upgrade for free. A full-featured trial version is available. Licenses can be purchased from the Houdah Software store. Upgrades are available upon loading a previous license. HoudahSpot is also available onSetapp - a subscription service for Mac and iOS apps.
Whatâs New in HoudahSpot 6.1
Setapp (Curated Mac and iOS apps)
Press Kit (zip)
Founded in 2005 by Pierre Bernard, Houdah Software s.a r.l is a small company based in Luxembourg, Europe. Houdah Software specializes in quality software for Mac, iPhone, and Apple iPad. Our mission is to pair quality products with excellent customer support. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2005-2021 s.a r.l. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac, macOS, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.